We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.
-- Anne Frank

Thursday, March 8, 2012

How I Feel About Diaries....

Tuesday

March 6, 2012

Dear Diary,

    I originally thought that diaries were a waste of time. I've always wanted to have a diary despite that feeling. Whenever I start a diary i follow a pattern:
First-I'm overly excited, I can't wait until the next day just so that I can write something new.
Next- I gradually begin to forget to write in it everyday.
Then- I'll misplace my diary and will reunite with it in the trash can.
Finally- I say "I'm giving up on diaries"
    Its not like I have trouble recalling the events that happen each day, not very much usually happens. Sorting out feelings, or thoughts can be done in my head, where no one else can invade my privacy. At one angle i see diaries as dangerous. If I, per say, wrote something about a person in my diary, and then ended up losing it and that diary ended up in the hands of the person I was talking about, that would spell "trouble", in uppercase letters ("TROUBLE")
 
 In a different light, I kind of like diaries. Quite hypocritical, I know , but the idea of documenting history in diaries, like Anne had, I think, is very interesting.
                     Maybe I'll try writing a diary for real, this time.

                                                   Love,

                                                        Aaleah >.<




No comments:

Post a Comment