We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.
-- Anne Frank

Monday, April 2, 2012

Tis' a Gift to be Simple

Wednesday 

March 21, 2012

Dear Diary,


       Gifts that cost nothing at all are hard to come by, but have significant meaning to the person that receives it.
If one year I decided to create cost less gifts for each of my family members it would probably be as follows:

For Mommy-
     My mom hates it how her touch screen cellphone presses against everything in her pocketbook. For my mom, using the leftover yarn in my room, I'd knit her a cellphone cover and embroiderer it with her name on the inside. My mom is very fond of knitting and embroidery, she'd appreciate it very much.

For Daddy-
Paper Jet
     My dad loves to fly airplanes. He was in the Air force and still carried a lingering affection for airplanes afterward. He still says that one day he'll buy a plane and take my mom, siblings, aunts, and me flying. For my dad, I'd make him a U.S air force jet. Of course it wouldn't be big enough that he could actually fly in, it would be much smaller, a model size. Using cardboard from shoe boxes and aluminum foil I'd make this jet for him.

For Tiju-
Sudoku 
      My only brother, Tiju, is a difficult person to think of gifts for. First off, he's a guy, I never know what to get for guys and I would need to get him a gift he'd actually use. Tiju is a computer science guy. He likes technology and science. I usually go to him for help with either math or science questions. Sometimes he annoys me and asks me seemingly impossible logic questions or philosophical questions, (what is truth?). For my dear brother, I'd create a compilation of the world's most difficult logic questions and puzzles. He'd be very intrigued  by my gift.

For Ariel-
Depend
      Ariel is my eldest sister. She and I have very much in common. We both hold a strange affinity to Asian things. She likes Chinese fans and dresses and I like Japanese anime and Kimonos. Ariel tries to learn the Japanese alphabet, but meanwhile she admires complex looking kanji. For my eldest sister, Ariel, I would give her a Kanji poster with characters for "can" and "depend" because they roughly sound like her name when put together.

For Denee-
Knit  Headband
      For my second eldest sister, Denee, I'd give her a uniquely sewn  hair accessory. My sister recently decided to "go natural" with her hair, but she complains that she hasn"t anything exciting to do with it. My gift to her would put a burst of fun into her everyday hairstyle.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment